View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 07:14 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Desharnais can score against third-liners and has the hockey sense to learn defense, and Eller dominates possession already, he just has Gomez-itis (the puck just won't go in). The points will come. I put Darche there because he can finish a bit, but if you don't like him, replace him by Moen or any other third-liner you care to name. The key is Eller-Desharnais anyhow. I don't disagree that it's better with a better player like Kostitsyn or Versteeg completing it (duh), but it's the difference between a good third line and an excellent one.

The important thing is not to underestimate Eller. He was already out-possessing third-liners by the end of the season. Just needs a little more finish, and he'll have the points to convince everyone.

Keep in mind, too, that these guys wouldn't go against first- or second lines. I'd send them against third lines any day.
It wouldn't be a disaster or anything, I would just be more positive going forward this season without having to rely on Darche as secondary offence. Depth and goaltending are the big reasons as to why the final was Boston vs. Vancouver.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote