View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
It seems more and more that we are an attractive option for free agents, and with the choice for Jagr coming down to between us and Detroit I have to think we are closer to a contender then many think we are
By "contender" I asume you mean a contender for the Stanley Cup?

Habs forwards are smaller and generally faster (but no faster than Vancouver - the Canucks are as fast as Montreal and have more overall skill/scoring)

Bruins just proved that in order to win 4 rounds of the playoff grind a team has to be bigger, stronger and more physical (size and toughness defeated skill, speed and finesse).

Habs are a soft team to play against - doubt that other teams dread playing the Habs because the Habs are considerd tough and physical.

No....IMHO, the HABS will likely continue to be mediocre at best - expect that they will continue to fight for a playoff spot 'till the last week or so of the regular season (i.e. some things never change)!

JAGR?

Jagr was once a great player.....he turns 40 in February - hardly in his prime - seriously doubt many top level teams are interested in signing him at this point in his career.

Last edited by Melvin Udall: 06-18-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote