View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 11:33 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
In a vacuum, I would waive Shelly and keep Carcillo for the 4th line duty and maybe use a Sestito as your call up if you need a Shelly type. Carbomb had a tough season. He had a better playoffs, but still, he's out of favor right now. I do think he can be an asset. He can play on a 4th line and could fill in on say, a Richards line, like he has in the past if need be (Richards seems to have liked playing with him). He's a decent skater, he hits, he's good on the forecheck and along the boards. He's shown some hands and the ability to produce at times, but he definitely took a step down in this area this past season. Maybe coming off that abdominal surgery hindered him? Maybe not getting as much time with a scoring line?

I think the whole embelishing thing is overblown. While I do think he needs to do away with those antics and other junk with the refs, I think it's a fallacy that the refs are going to treat him blatantly unfairly. If he just focuses and gets back to playing good, solid, hard nosed, hockey between this whistles and less silliness after them I think he'd be worth the qualifying offer the team said they would extend to him. But can he/will he do this?

Having said that, if the team feels it needs a change and maybe wants to slot a prospect into the lineup in Carcillo's spot, I can understand that. Especially if they can get any kind of value for him in a trade.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote