View Single Post
Old
06-19-2011, 01:49 AM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Gagne is much better 5 on 5 than Wolski is. If we're going to assume Gagne only plays 50 games, we can't assume Jagr plays more than that in an 82 game season either.
Yes, he absolutely is. Gagne is a very good defensive player as well as an equal threat on O, most likely moreso, but that comment didn't really have anything to do with Jagr in particular, but I see that point as well, Jagr is much older now and his body would most likely not hold up. However, the track record for Gagne is far worse than Jagr's throughout thier respective careers.

I'm not advocating a Jagr return, but I see people who think Gagne and Jokinen will be some sort of monster in a Ranger's uniform when history has shown us that our signings rarely are and that these player are not as good as some of us might think they are.

That doesn't mean I don't think they are good though, I wanted us to claim Jokinen off of waivers, but since that didn't happen I'd rather let him go somewhere else and stick with our own guys.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote