View Single Post
Old
06-19-2011, 02:12 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Gaborik did have a bad case of the injury bug this season: What was it, shoulder, knee and groin?

That still doesn't excuse him entirely, but let's be honest, Gaborik has proven that he can score 80+ points in a season. Will Prust ever come close to that?

And we had "heart" and "grit" in our short playoff existence this season. I think the majority would agree that we still need that skill factor. Also, we need a competent power play; not one that is one of the best in the league, then goes to being one of the worst in the league, to being somewhere in the middle.
Why are heart and skill mutually exclusive? Of course Prust will never come close to 80 points; if that's all you can say after reading my post you clearly missed the point. Heart isn't about being the toughest guy on the team and playing LIKE Brandon Prust.

Heart is about leaving it all on the ice every shift and not making weak perimeter plays and skating to the bench with your head down as the other team clears the puck within four feet of your reach without you even swiping at it. Heart is actually driving to the net hard or taking a shift where you just WANT the puck on your stick. Maybe heart has the wrong connotation, but I'm not trying to say Gaborik needs to play physical, gritty hockey to win my confidence, I'm saying his game lacks intensity and he can seem to NOT want the puck too often for my taste.

And I did say I think he'll probably hit 80 again at some point, but proving you CAN hit that mark and proving you're a reliable 80 point player are two different things and Gaborik has only proven the former.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote