View Single Post
Old
06-19-2011, 02:52 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't think he'll fall off a cliff but if that knee gets hurt like it has again... he's done. Nobody knows how good he'll be or how durable that knee will be, he's not getting any younger and we aren't contenders this year anyway. Wiz makes more sense.
We'll be as much contenders next year as the Bruins were last year. Probably more so. I'm quite convinced that the organization is building towards a competitiveness window starting next year, and then consistent competitiveness from then on a la Red Wings or New Jersey.

Quote:
Lidstrom isn't big and hitty but he's fantastic defensively. Markov isn't. He's adequate defensively but he's one dimensional. He's just really good with the puck. He's a stellar offensive defenseman and that's about it. He's not Chris Pronger either, sorry.
I realize you haven't seen Markov lately, but you're woefully underestimating him. He's been facing the Habs' toughest minutes very effectively, and driving his pairing in doing so alongside Komisarek who just isn't as good. He's a heck of a lot more than merely "adequate". Wiz is "adequate". Markov is way better than that.

Quote:
Right... we'll just have to disagree man. If you think that clearing the net or getting traffic in front of it has nothing to do with strength or toughness, I don't know what to say to you. Then again, you don't seem to value those traits anyway.
Clearing the net in front requires strength. It's in my list. It doesn't require hitting people, just pushing them. Gill can do that and he doesn't hit people.

Quote:
Sorry, but whenever I've see Spacek, I have not been impressed. I'd be very happy to dump him. He's definitely a guy we could replace with somebody with sandpaper.
Like I said, here's a guy who's held the Habs defense together while Subban grew into a #1 D-man, and been effective doing it. But then he gets blamed because he makes turnovers (as all PMDs do) and he misses the net (though no more than anyone else really). He's getting much more flack than he deserves.

Last edited by MathMan: 06-19-2011 at 03:00 AM.
MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote