View Single Post
Old
06-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Udall View Post
Kriss,

I gree that the HABS will likely be a "solid" team for the forseeable future - fact is for the most part, the Habs have been "solid' for most of the past 19 (or so) years (ignore the Houle era).

As a fan I prefer that they get through 4 rounds of playoff hockey (in the same playoff year) and truely compete for the Cup..............something I do not see in their immediate future (hope I'm wrong)!

Every fan wants their team to go to the cup. There's also more than 2 good teams that could get there every year, that's why predictions in hockey are so tough. The East was wide open for Washington this spring considering Philly still had goalie issues as well as injuries, and the Pens without Crosby/Malkin simply cannot compete the same way. The Caps choked however, big time, and they will need to address certain issues.
But it's not because you don't get to the cup finals that you're not a contender, or have a solid team.
Regularly going to the cup turns you into a dynasty more so than just a contender.

We have a bright future, it's as far as we can go for now. We'll see how it all develops and just how bright it gets as the years progress.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote