View Single Post
Old
08-27-2005, 06:17 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
Why trade him? UNLESS your getting Kovalchuk back, why do it? There is no reason to trade him for some below average player who wont do anything but take time from somebody out there and plus you throw Lundy right into the fire. Look what happened to Blackburn by throwing him into the fire. I know Blackburn got hurt lifting weights, right?--But still, he struggled dearly out there.
-Look I know, Lundqvist will be 23 this year and Blackburn was 18, and I know Lundqvist has had great experience against NHLers during the lockout, but he still needs to be slowly molded in as the number one goalie on the depth chart. Lundy cant play 65-75 games, and Montoya definitely needs to start in the minors with his suspect play in college last year as he did not impress me at all with the way everyone has talked of him. I still think Montoya will develop into a top goalie in the NHL, but the keyword there is: DEVELOP, and that starts in Hartford.

Also I, like Allaire, feel Weekes is very, very underrated in the league. I feel he is hidden behind goalies such as Brodeur, Belfour, Turco, Khabibulin, Luongo, etc. I mean look at Kiprusoff. It took him a little bit of a while to develop, he was even traded while being the backup of San Jose to Calgary and became the starter because Turek was injured. Weekes might blossom in NY, and I for one think he will.
Very good points.