View Single Post
Old
06-19-2011, 11:22 PM
smsgtkvv

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Yeah, there's a handful of guys on the list whom have already signed overseas (Osala, Regan, Zaborsky, Vishnevskiy, Olimb, Wesslau, Kana, Kalus, Reddox, Moller, Fransson, Dawes, Boyd and Klubertanz) but their NHL clubs can still qualify them and maintain their rights should said player decide to come back to the NHL next year. Some will, many won't. But, I figure I'll add them as it comes.
The Canadians can make a qualifying offer to Nigel Dawes but he will become a Group 3 (unrestricted) free agent if he doesn't sign by July 1, 2012. Next year, he can accept the qualifying offer or wait until free agency and try to get a better offer from another team. The Canadiens can tender a qualifying offer to keep his rights (and away from other teams). However, when a team tenders a qualifying offer to a restricted free agent, it counts against the club's salary for the first half of July.

Per CBA:
"Qualifying Offer extended by a Club, the Player Salary provided for in such Qualifying
Offer shall not commence counting against a Club's Averaged Club Salary when the
Qualifying Offer is made, but the Club must have Payroll Room equal to or in excess of
the amount of Player Salary set forth in such Qualifying Offer at the moment that the
Qualifying Offer could be accepted (i.e., July 1 of a League Year). In all events, the
Player Salary provided for in a Qualifying Offer shall cease counting against a Club's
Averaged Club Salary when the Qualifying Offer expires.

smsgtkvv is offline   Reply With Quote