View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 08:29 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Why did Nashville take Weber to arbitration? Isn't he signed already? Where's he from, by the way?

Whatever. I bet he plays out his contract. Nashville would be wise to wring some value out of him while they can. Rentals are out of fashion, now is when you would get top value.

The OP didn't make a sound offer. Hodgson, isn't even being talked about. Ballard is the only signed defenceman with Offensive upside in Vancouver, right now. The pick is there, but Gillis values picks highly and wants to use them himself.

Vancouver will probably limp along with Salo for another year and sign Weber as a FA.
Finally. Someone who gets it. All the answers. Who knows why the Preds took Weber to arbitration. It seems to me that the preds want to anger him and make him not want to sign. you hear he switched agents too? He didn't want the pennies that Meehan's super group wanted, so Weber went with a small outfit to really rake the preds over the coals. Weber has to figure that he can make 8 million bucks and help kill the franchise and then return home to BC like a hero. I wonder if he could get his buddy suter to take a cap friendly deal and they both make 4 million over the next 12 years to keep adding to the cups vancouver has already won. The preds should probably just trade them both now for a ballard, oreskevich, and a sixer of molson. Sounds about right.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote