View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Kovatar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It isn't so much the "bad coach" aspect he's referring it. More so he's referring to lack of a very good coach in Lemaire as no other comparable coaches will be available they'll be stuck with an average to slightly above average coach at best.

That having been said though, Brodeur is on his way out the door in the next couple years. So that point I agree with. Adding a healthy Parise I don't think will make up for lacking Brodeur and a solid coach. It will make them more of a borderline team but let's not forget they traded away several players too.

Either way we should probably wait and see what their team looks like for puck drop game #1 before we truly make a decision about them. They're an interesting case.
Oh I agree with you. All I'm saying is that as long as Brodeur is there I think they are a solid playoff team and with Parise and Kovalchuk they can be effective. For this upcoming season, after wash,philly,mon,pitt,tampa, boston, i think NJ has the next best chances to make the playoffs. The 8 spot will either go to NYR, Toronto, or Buffalo. On another note I think people are placing too much weight on Toronto's 2nd half of this past season. To make the playoffs they need to improve their forwards significantly first.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote