View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Quellet The Dogs Out

vCash: 500
Sorry it took a few days to get back. When I first logged in on Friday or Saturday, it took me like an hour to figure out what the password on the account was. Embarrassing.

Here are answers to a few questions that I saw thrown my way:

1) No, I don't believe Carter to be any sort of distraction in the locker room at all. From everything that I see, he is generally a well-liked guy that largely keeps to himself. He doesn't always have a lot to say, and that's not just with the media. I think more than anything, people just look at him as an obvious cap casualty because of his salary (it fits) and the fact that his NTC doesn't kick in yet. But I'd still be really surprised if they moved him.

2) I haven't heard much in the way of Versteeg or Carle, to be honest. I think Carle has a lot of value, personally, and with Chris Pronger and Kimmo Timonen's questionable health and age, it would probably be in the Flyers' best interest to keep him. I don't know how many takers there would be on Versteeg, unless it is a team in dire straits to get to the $48 mil cap floor. Florida has just 11 players signed for next year at $18 mil. They have some spending to do, as do a lot of teams. The one benefit about Versteeg is that this is the final year of his deal. He would be more attractive if he would be a UFA instead of an RFA when it is up. Who knows.

I'll check back for more later. I'll also have stuff in the paper every day this week as I'll be trying to dig up a scoop in Las Vegas at the Awards and then heading to the Draft in MPLS.

frank