View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
Hey guys. I was just curious if any of you are worried about the possibility of an offer sheet to one of your bigger RFAs? With the whole Drury thing and Redden counting against the cap for now as well as trying to sign Richards, there's obviously not a ton of wiggle room on that roster, financially. Are Dubinsky and Callahan arbitration-eligible, or does Sather have to worry about other teams taking advantage of their cap woes and force him to give those guys more money than he'd like to?
Our cap situation isn't the problem that everyone seems to think it is. Both Dubi and Cally are arbitration eligible, and they will most likely elect arbitration if they don't have deals by July 5th. Cally elected arbitration on his last contract, but was signed before the hearing. If they don't elected arbitration, it's likely that the Rangers will elect arbitration for them on July 6th so that we can open another buyout period.

Once either the player or the team elects arbitration, the player cannot sign an offer sheet. That is why the devils elected arbitration for Parise.

In short, I'm not too worried about an offer sheet, though I'd still prefer to get them signed sooner rather than later.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote