View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Shutdown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So how can one day a team be a front runner, and the next pretty much out of the picture?
You know what rumors are, it's someone saying something, that is filtered through another person, or two, three, four, five...and then put out. Unless it comes straight from someone of either camp (the agent, the player, GM)
If a team is a front runner, that means both camp have discussed things. It's not like they're negotiating a huge merger of two big corporations where tons and tons of things need to be looked at.
We're talking about a little contract likely set over a year, involving a couple millions. I don't see what can change so drastically that would make a team a front runner and then out of the picture a few days later.

I don't care what is true anymore, so much as it ends soon.
The only guy who said the Habs were a front runner is Jesse Spector from the New York Daily News. Hardly a big name in terms of breaking NHL news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6672235
Lebrun never said anything about the Habs being front-runners. He quoted Svoboda who said he had talked to Montreal, never specifying how the talks went.

I'm not against Jagr to Montreal, I'd absolutely love it. But people are grasping at straws here.