View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 04:48 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Your in favor for trading away three players that all have the potential to be top line guys in their respective position for Eriksson (who is beastworthy.. I'll give you that) and negotiation rights to a guy who wants to see what he's worth on the free market (slight exaggeration). I really don't think it's worth it. I can see AA making the big jump this coming season and MDZ has the offensive skills and they can teach him to play D.

McIlrath was a #10 overall pick for a reason. The book is still WIDE open for him but he can even be extremely effective as a 3rd pairing intimidating force.
Yea I am in favor of it completely.

It may be because I have confidence that Richards will sign with us, and if he does it looks like a steal.

To me the only piece that hurts giving up is Artem. I can live with giving up MDZ and I won't cry myself to sleep at night if we lost McIlrath (as you said the book is still wide open on him.

Even if we don't land Richards, Eriksson would be incredible on our top line LW spot.

Otherwise if we get both players this is a steal of epic proportions.

I would do this trade everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Eriksson will be an 80 point player in this league, and he is still very young. I can live with giving up the two d-men, but it may hurt to give up AA. If we get Richards that blow will be less painful though.