View Single Post
Old
08-27-2005, 11:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Thats another,^^^^^^, Weekes WAS always phenominal against the Rangers. Thats probably why I think he's better than what people make him out to be. Every friggen time the Rangers played them he made huge saves or shutout them out!

I've talked to friends who are also Rangers fans, and they like many other NHL fans and anaylists, dont think much of him. But if this team makes the playoffs some how this year they will be riding two people: Jaromir Jagr & Kevin Weekes. NOT Straka, NOT Poti, NOT Rucinsky, NOT Nylander. Maybe Kaspar and Malik, but no one else on this team can really carry this team into a playoff spot. However if there are gonna be two guys that do carry the team, it will be JJ and Weekes.

Look at Weekes' numbers from the 2003-2004 season! There pretty damn good, but no talks about his numbers because he's playing for the Carolina Hurricanes.

I think with Allaire as the goaltending coach, Weekes will really step up this year and he will really carry this team like Kiprusoff did for Calgary though he also had Iginla. But then again we do have Jagr (IF he's at his best).