Old
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So what does this mean as far as signing our RFAs and perhaps Richards over the summer when we will have both Drury's and Redden's salaries counting against the cap? I know that a team can exceed it by 10%...but if Redden is essentially the 10% how can we still carry Drury and afford everyone else?
With Drury's cap number, we're at around $40MM for next year. Redden's cap number pushes it up to $47MM. The cap will be around $64MM, meaning a summer cap of $70MM. Now, let's figure what we have to get done.

I'll go with high-end predictions for the RFAs.

Dubinsky: $4.5MM
Callahan: $4.5MM
Sauer: $1.5MM
Anisimov: $2.5MM
Boyle: $2MM

That's $15MM additional, puts us at $62MM. Can you fit Richards with $8MM cap room? Probably, and that's with my high dollar projections for the UFA contracts. Those numbers could all be lower, giving us around $10MM or even more to work with.

Then, when the season starts, Redden's number disappears again (covering us on our 10% summer overage) and Drury likely heads to LTIR, where we can add some or all of his salary into additional signings.

There's enough money for us to re-sign all of our guys and realistically go after Richards.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote