View Single Post
Old
06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
freewheeler

vCash: 500
And for everyone saying Dallas is not having a fire-sale and they wouldn't want to lose their best two offensive players, in the offseason after moving Neal, I understand. For one, I'm not suggesting this be brought before Sather, but I think an aggressive move like this could make this team a legit contender very quickly without gutting the system, which speaks to the organization's job in stocking the system. I'd also guess that NY's ability to consistently identify and develop players like Sauer, Girardi, etc adds to their credibility. It might not be Eriksson for the reasons mentioned, but if a similar deal could be had with another franchise, I think the Rangers consider it.

Also, just because a guy isn't being shopped, or is coveted, doesn't mean an aggressive offer wouldn't be considered. GM's are famous for saying they are 'always open to improving the team', blah blah blah. A lot of it is lip service, but it only takes one to pull the trigger, and if there's a GM to provoke them, it's Sather.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote