Thread: Proposal: Col-Van
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 06:40 AM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaper View Post
If you value Edler in that way, then you can give Kyle Quincey somewhat similar value then? Would you trade him for a 10-15 overall pick this year then? Is that how the market value works?
Kyle Quincey have the same age, similar contract than edler (2 years before UFA status), I have to admit i didn't see him play often, and i dont have much info about his injury this year.) Is he back in good shape?

But i would guess is market value is around a late First round. (Again, i would like to know more info about his injury and know if he can be back to his top game!)

To set is market value you have to look what is available around the league and judge according to recent trade:

We have also to take into account Quincey was on waiver in 2008 and in 2009 his value was a Ryan Smyth minus Tom Pressing and a 5hth

And dont forget that the time of the year have an impact on the value on a player:

- In summer Draft pick worth a little bit more, Signed player worth less. (Many UFA around.)

- At the trade deadline, signed player able to play a role in the NHL have more value, Prospect and draft pick decrease in value.

That partially explain why Kaberle was traded at the deadline while Burke didnt find an interesting offer last summer.

Last edited by palindrom: 06-21-2011 at 07:03 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote