View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Mwd711

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I think the OP was looking for something that was more concrete, e.g., everyone knew TNSE was waiting for a team and where the team would play.

Has Alexander been interested in the last year or two? I think there were other obstacles to that location, iirc.

Quebec City isn't going to be ready in one year.

That leaves Hamilton, and MLSE and Buffalo, and perhaps an owner who may be more worried about his net worth at the moment than he was 3 yrs ago. I honestly don't remember what happened with Katz and his attempt to control Copps?

That leaves Vegas, but there's no arena there either!
And that's the real issue. Everyone mentions Quebec City but without the arena, that leaves it in limbo for now. I don't think Alexander has any interest in putting a team in Houston. That boat sailed years ago. I don't think anything came out of Copps, and besides the Sabres/MLSE issue, the arena is in poor shape. The only city that I see that could take a team ASAP would be Kansas City but we don't know of an owner who wants in there. Perhaps AEG could help broker one since they obviously want a team in there.

Mwd711 is online now   Reply With Quote