View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I suggestted Bolton or Rupp...I didn't say McIntyre.

You can spin that however you want.

Colton Orr came to the Rangers strictly as a goon, Renney helped him develop into a guy he could trust on the PK and as a guy on the checking line.

Burke turned Orr back into a soley a goon.

I have a soft spot for guys who love being Rangers and who go out and do a very difficult job.

Orr wanted a 3 year 3 million dollar deal from the Rangers..that is a fair deal considering his age and his improvement as a player at the time. We gave Brasher more money and that backfired, Shelley got 1.1 from Flyers.

There are still goons in this league and almost every team in the East has one, yet we are going to roll out Prust to answer the bell because that is what he does, he protects guys who can't protect themselves, even when he has no business fighting the guys that he does. I want to protect Prust from himself. I view him as a valubale piece.
Well that's on Prust to check his ego at the door and realize that he's more than a fighter on this team and stop "answering the bell" all the time.

Again, your logic is that we should have a goon to fight other goons. Rarely are Heavyweight Vs. Heavyweight fights I see because of some heat of the moment protection of another player. It's always them being on the ice at the same time and kind of going "well we might as well, since we're both here and all" I dont think we need to pay a guy $1 million to do that.

you also ignored the part where i asked you justify how we would "deter" a guy like Gillies. Come playoff time those guys become irrelevant because they A) don't play B) Fights rarely happen, especially between "heavyweights"

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote