Thread: Confirmed with Link: Pacioretty re-signs (2 years)
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Arpon Basu's article

Love the way he's talking now:

Quote:
"Watching the playoffs I know how important it is to have a forward like me and I think going into my injury I had a little bit of a hot streak going and I found a way to get to the front of the net," Pacioretty said. "I think that really makes a difference, especially in the playoffs. You look at the guys that are successful, they're the ones who are battling in front of the net. I want to be that type of player for Montreal for many years."

"There's a good group of young core players right now, and that's the light at the end of the path," he said. "Guys like Davey (Desharnais) stepping up, Lars Eller as well, and with (Carey Price) and P.K. (Subban) already being established, almost NHL All-Stars, it's definitely looking good and it's going in the right direction. There are a couple of guys that have to get signed right now, but once they do I think I'll feel pretty confident that we can run for the Cup next year."
The guy sounds so confident as a core part of the team. Compare that to last year when he was talking about Hamilton, now he knows he's an important part of this teams success and that he needs to carry himself that way.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote