View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I'm pretty sure both Dubinsky and Callahan are eligible for salary arbitration, which means all the Rags have to do is give them a qualifying offer, have them refuse it & then request salary arbitration in both of their cases. That would mean no team would be allowed to offer them a group II free agent contract. The Rags could negotiate with them both up until the case is presented in front of an arbitrator, which would be mid-August.

$1.9m is around what Anisimov should probably get considering his pt. total last year. When Philadelphia offered that contract to Kesler, he had scored 10g, and finished with 23 pts. It was a contract offer that was above what Kesler should have been making at that time. He and Vancouver were negotiating a 2-year $2m contract at the time, and Vancouver ended up having to pay him almost $2m over one year.

Anisimov had 18g, 44 pts last year. If you want to pull a "Kesler" then you would need to offer more than $1.9m, which is around what he legitimately should be earning. The offer would have to be in the $3m range.
You make a couple of good points. Regarding arbitration, I would have thought the same, but: http://www.rangerstribune.com/the-ra...angersyet.html - the Rangers declined, probably because they want to be sure to leave room for Richards.

You are probably right, that an offer to Anisimov would have to be in the 3m range. Luckily, salary inflation since the Kesler offer sheet basically brings the reasonable offer to the 3m mark - $3,134,088, to be exact, for the compensation to be a 2nd round pick. When I originally suggested a 1.9m offer sheet, I was assuming that compensation levels had not been adjusted for inflation.