View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Let's have a little fun game shall we, it's called : (drum roll)

-FILL IN THE FLORIDA ROSTER to 48 MILLION!!!-

Tentative present lineup

F- Booth 4,250
F- Olesz 3,125
F- Weiss 3,100
F- Dadonov 0,875
F- Skille 0,825
F- Timmins 0,761
D- Kulikov 1,325
D- Weaver 0,900
D- Ellerby 0,787
D- Garrison 0,575
G- Clemmenson 1,200
BUYOUT 0,467

An 11 player roster of...... 18 million. With 30 million to fill in on 12 players, for an average of 2,5 mil to the cap for each player added.
I think that a team like Florida might actually end up using guys like Gudbranson and whoever they take first this year to help cushion the blow of getting to the cap floor. From what I understand, deferred salary counts against a team's cap hit in the year they play, even though the actual cash gets paid out after the bonuses are met (I could be wrong, reading the CBA is so dry I haven't done it in awhile).

If my memory serves me right, Florida could sign Gudbranson as a top 3 pick with a ton of bonuses, then have him play the year with with his 3M+ cap hit with bonuses to help them get to the floor. They would only have to worry about paying that full amount if he won the Calder, scored x amount of points and met all the other conditions. They could do the same with Landeskog or whoever they get this year and a couple other prospects like Oberg and Markstrom (if he's healthy).

30M is a lot of coin to make up but I can see teams taking advantage of rarely met bonuses on ELC deals as part of their plan to get over the floor in a less costly manner in the future.

As I said I could be wrong on this, are there any cap-sleuths that know this for sure?

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote