View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
It's not unrealistic. If Stepan becomes a 75 point center, MDZ a 50 point defenseman and either Kreider or Thomas becomes a 40-goal scorers, the team will win the Cup, maybe more than one.

I am not saying all these things will happen, but it is not impossible.

If one of these fail, the team could always sign or trade for one free agent.
I don't think you even need all this to happen. If we sign Richards, Stepan can be a 50 to 60 point center. If MDZ doesn't become a 50 point center, we can put together a package of high draft picks and someone like Anisimov, maybe even with MDZ, for a guy that can contribute offensively on the blueline. After that, I do think Kreider or Thomas have to be significant top 6 players for us to be ready for a cup run in 2 years or so. That would give you: Kreider/Thomas, Richards, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Stepan, Callahan for the top 6 and players like Boyle, Prust, etc. scattered through the bottom 6...a good bottom 6. And the defense would speak for itself, Sauer and McDonagh are only going to get better defensively and Staal and Girardi are already one of the better top defensive pairings in the league IMO. Lundqvist is Lundqvist. All the defense is missing is that offensive guy, and we have the chips to trade for one when we're ready.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote