Old
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I clipped your post down to the above, because I agree Mason's biggest problem was mental. Rinne, on the other hand, seems to be the polar opposite. He's steady, even keeled and that reflects on the ice with his calm play, focus, and ability to keep one bad play/unlucky bounce from getting into his head and spiraling out of control. Although according to his teammates he's as competitive as hell, he's competitive in a good way and not flaky like the nut jobs that used to dominate the ranks of NHL goaltending in the past. His mental toughness, at least in my opinion, is more important to his and this team's success than his size, glove or physical skills. As far as his wanting to sign and stay with the Preds for a reasonable amount, I believe he will and that Poile should make every effort to do so. From where I sit, he seems to really enjoy the Preds organization and he knows that Korn is very much a key to his success to date and would want to maintain that relationship.
In an indirect way, this was kind of my point - there was a suggestion that Rinne might take a Mason-style fall, and I was trying to explain why this wasn't likely as Mason didn't fall due to some sort of "hidden technique weakness".

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote