View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie Clark View Post
“So many of us use that,” Clark said. “It’s not deep and what I mean by it is there are not difference makers or impact players at positions. I would say everybody has the first seven or eight guys. Everybody probably has the same guys but it might be in different orders. If Edmonton thinks they need an offensive defenseman it’s not a situation where you’re going, ‘Oh, my God, what a mistake not taking Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.’ Somewhere after seven, eight guys, you might not get that impact player. You’re going to get some good NHLers. You may just not get an impact guy at the position.”

Wait, you mean Gordie Clark agrees with my crazy, crazy thoughts that we are highly unlikely to pull an impact player at #15 in a weak draft where the fall-off happens at #7-8... at least not unless we go high-risk, high-reward for someone who fell out of the top 7-8 because he was injured or small?

You mean he realizes that McNeill is likely to be another Malhotra and not another Getzlaf or even another Dubinsky? Did he forget to check in with the experts on this forum?

Last edited by Beacon: 06-21-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote