View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Was thinking the same thing...would love to see him stay, but if he wants more than 2.5M I can see him being traded...
He would be a huge bargaining chip to move up in the draft, if PG desires to do so.

For some reason I could also picture the Habs doing some sort of swap between Gorges and Bieksa, pending that Bieksa will sign here. I think PG is going to try and make us a little tougher, and although Bieksa will likely command 1.5-2M more than Gorges he would be an upgrade. They could target Ehrhoff for disimilar reasons as well, our left-side on D is considered weak (atleast I think so) and Ehrhoff will get a big pay day, likely 3M or so more than Gorges and Van would be in a position to save much needed cap space with a deal like this and still get a serviceable Top 4 guy in return and we get a solid Top 3 puck mover in the event Markov ever goes down.

Again, I can't re-iterate how badly I want Gorges to stay. For some reason though, I can't shake the feeling that something is up on that front. I think both sides appreciate each other very much, I just think Gorges is our most valuable-yet-replacable trading chip.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote