Thread: Dean Lombardi
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 05:51 PM
JDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Fair enough; Martinez did have an impact for sure. Clifford and Lewis did some very good things at times in the playoffs, but overall their impact throughout the season was minimal and they have a way to go.
While both Clifford and Lewis stepped up their games big time in the playoffs, I think they both had significant impacts on the season overall. Clifford set a physical tone and stood up for his teammates regularly. He showed us why Westgarth is essentially pointless.

Lewis established himself as a solid NHL player and was a big part of the PK through much of the season.

Either way, I think these three plus Bernier make Lombardi's grade for development/farm system an easy A.

had Parse been healthy, that grade could have been even better.

Also, in regards to your score for free agency this year, I think Murray is mostly responsible for Poni's lack of production. DL signed us a good replacement for Frolov, who Murray then preceded to stick on the 4th line for much of the season. Also, you say injury doesn't factor in with Frolov negatively, but you are knocking Poni at the same time for injury because he got injured just when he started getting in a groove with the team, came back and was relegated quickly when he didn't immediately start playing as well as he was when he went down with injury. Poni hustled his ass off and played pretty well, but he wasn't used properly in my opinion.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote