Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
My preferences in order are:

1.Pitkanen
2.Ehrhoff
3.Bieksa
4.Wisniewski
5.Kaberle

I just think we need to target a LD more than a RD, that's ultimately my reasoning behind it. Subban-Gorges-Weber are natural RDs for us (Gorges I consider a natural despite being left-handed, he plays flawlessly there) and we still have Spacek who CAN play there and Yemelin who by all reports can also play both sides. The left side looks like Markov-Gill-Spacek-Gorges, Gorges IMO fills out the right side very well and Gill and Spacek both belong on the 3rd pairing LD slot. My reasoning for Bieksa over Wisniewski is just that he's slightly bigger and slightly tougher. Kaberle could jump as high as #3 in my rankings, all depending on salary being commanded.
It's not because Gorges was stuck playing RD with Gill that he's a natural RD. As far as I know he had always played LD before that. You say he played well there, but I'd rather see him on his natural side (which is left) and with his knee in good shape, see if he can't be even better than he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
If we walk into the season with Markov, Subban, and a defenseman from that list? We are going to be contenders and could potentially do serious damage if we can remain relatively healthy. I'm 100% sure of it, and it just cements the fact even further if PG decides to add a solid Top 6 F(or even Top 9 who can fill in for Top 6 in an injury situation; think Upshall/Cole) then we in unbelievable shape.
I'd actually be excited for the first time in a while if we could add a strong top 4 guy on D. The O doesn't need much help. We have 8 guys who can play on a offensive top 9, not counting Pouliot. If we find we need someone we can always get a rental on offense at the deadline.

Ummm Pitkanen, Markov, Subban and Gorges is a great top 4. Gill, spacek are a luxury for a bottom pair. We'd have the best D in the league by a lot IMO. And with Price back there, *drool*.

Last edited by E = CH²: 06-21-2011 at 06:04 PM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote