Thread: Rumor: Rumors Thread: The Sequel
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
That's right.. the fans.. that clearly has no sense of fair value. I read an Oiler fan who said that he only would be okay with this deal: 1st overall for 3rd overall + 33 + Gudbranson How pathetically sad..

It's just because it's the 1st overall they value it so high. They forget that the difference in drafting RNH, Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau or Couturier is small at this point, even if most scouts would pick RNH first.
I don't think you get the point. Stop looking at it from one side. If you have the first overall would you trade it for the third and the 33rd pick? Most Oilers fans know what they are getting with RNH, all we've done is reading scouting reports, watch him etc. and we know what kind of potential he has. There is reason why your own GM wants to move up and try to draft him. The Oilers aren't just going to hand down the 1st to the Panthers, it's going to have to be an overpayment and the Panthers shouldn't do that because all that's going to do is screw there team over when they could get a good player with the third overall.

It's also not as small as you think it is. RNH is the consensus for a reason, he is the best player in this draft. I think Larsson/Huberdeau/Landeskog are all in the same boat but IMO, RNH has separated himself from the pack.