View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
I don't think you get the point. Stop looking at it from one side. If you have the first overall would you trade it for the third and the 33rd pick? Most Oilers fans know what they are getting with RNH, all we've done is reading scouting reports, watch him etc. and we know what kind of potential he has. There is reason why your own GM wants to move up and try to draft him. The Oilers aren't just going to hand down the 1st to the Panthers, it's going to have to be an overpayment and the Panthers shouldn't do that because all that's going to do is screw there team over when they could get a good player with the third overall.

It's also not as small as you think it is. RNH is the consensus for a reason, he is the best player in this draft. I think Larsson/Huberdeau/Landeskog are all in the same boat but IMO, RNH has separated himself from the pack.
No, I think your wrong. RNH may have separated himself from the other four, but that doesn't mean he is miles ahead of them. I for one, think Couturier has the chance to be just as good as him or even better.

3rd and 33rd is a pretty fair offer, because this draft is divided into groups. It's a top 9 in this draft like most scouts have said, and then there's a deep draft all the way through the second round. The player you pick at 33rd could be as good as number 19, the talentlevel is so close. And you don't know if someones gonna slide for some reason. You would get a great prospect at 33, who easily could have been a 1st rounder, maybe even a top20 selection. Like Bob McKenzie said: "There's a top 9 in this draft, where anyone can go anywhere" (even if RNH is is the better prospect). And I think people are underrating Larsson and Couturier massively on this boards, along with Strome.

I'd rather stay at 3rd if the price is anything even close to what Oiler fans are hoping for.