Thread: Rumor: Rumors Thread: The Sequel
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
No, I think your wrong. RNH may have separated himself from the other four, but that doesn't mean he is miles ahead of them. I for one, think Couturier has the chance to be just as good as him or even better.

3rd and 33rd is a pretty fair offer, because this draft is divided into groups. It's a top 9 in this draft like most scouts have said, and then there's a deep draft all the way through the second round. The player you pick at 33rd could be as good as number 19, the talentlevel is so close. And you don't know if someones gonna slide for some reason. You would get a great prospect at 33, who easily could have been a 1st rounder, maybe even a top20 selection. Like Bob McKenzie said: "There's a top 9 in this draft, where anyone can go anywhere" (even if RNH is is the better prospect). And I think people are underrating Larsson and Couturier massively on this boards, along with Strome.

I'd rather stay at 3rd if the price is anything even close to what Oiler fans are hoping for.
That's fair enough. At this moment though, RNH is considered to be the BPA is he not? I think we can both agree on that. I never said he is miles ahead of them, I think he has seperated himself from the pack which is pretty big when picking 1st overall. It's always good to have a player that's a clear cut number 1 pick. I don't think it's as close as you think it is though. The talent level anywhere from 12-25th is close but then there's a drop from there. Do you think someone like Percy can be just as good as someone like Oleksiak or Klefbom? I agree that Couturier and Strome get underrated on these boards but I don't think any of them are in contention for the first overall pick. The only people that can contend for the first overall this year are RNH -- Huberdeau, Landeskog and Larsson. Then there's a slight drop from there where you have players like Couturier, Strome, Hamilton etc.