View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The interesting part of that conversation was, that some of the vets approached mgmt about getting bigger, and they declined....PG doesn't want to let the guys tell him what to do???

Everyone, and their dog knows the Habs don't need a goon, we need a player or two who can play, and drop em if need be....Ryan White is here to stay, and there should be one more of that type of player acquired....maybe this weekend?
Go figure, Habs vets feel the same way many fans do...

I've been wavering on PG, and this thread (assuming the op is legit) puts a negative check in that column for me. At some point the PG/Gainey brain thrust is going to need to swallow it's pride and focus on what it takes to win.
The laraque signing was a silly attempt at addressing the issue (especially since it was accompanied by the addition of two well known softies who were to play much bigger roles/minutes than big george)... But I wonder if that didn't serve both GM/pro scout as a false positive... "see, we knew getting big tough guys was a waste"

Fans see it, media sees it, analysts see it, vets see it... We need a few guys that can play AND handle/dish out the rough stuff.

Emelin may b a step in the right direction, the draft (not for the picks as much fir the potential deals made) and ufagency will tell us if management "gets it" or if their ego's are drowning out the sound of reason

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote