View Single Post
Old
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Made Dan
Jumpman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
Chelsea Piers has always been rediculously priced and it's not even a 90 minute session.

Do you have access to a car? Or will you rely on public transportation? That's important.

Floyd Hall Arena in NJ is the best bargain in the NYC metropolitan area.

It's like less than 10 miles west of Manhattan via the Lincoln Tunnel and open hockey is only $10 and has been that price since they opened in 1997. The ice is almost always excellent and the place is immaculate.

You can take a train to the rink (which is located on a college campus) from Manhattan and make the walk from the train station to the rink. But remember, if you drive, you have to pay an $8 Lincoln Tunnel toll. So train fare and/or tolls might make it more expensive defeating the purpose. I don't know your transportation situation.

They have plenty of open hockey scheduled, just check the web site.

http://www.floydhallarena.com/

This. My sister played on a team out of there and told me of the prices, so I plan on going a few times within the next few weeks. Also, I think she said they don't allow private lessons during open hockey. The one closest to my house...2/3s of the ice is covered by people having lessons. **** that ****.

Made Dan is online now   Reply With Quote