Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
26 points isn't bad. Especially since he has stated at the end of the season he is working and developing his offensive game with his coaches... If you think he is tapped out now being 21 years old with his kind of work-ethic.... well then you're wrong and just being stupid. Just look at the improvements he made from last season to this season mostly with moving and passing the puck, HUGE difference and was the leafs best defensemen this season. Who's to say he won't come back again next season and improve just as much if not more?
You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he had tapped out offensively or anything of the sort. As of right now, Schenn isn't good offensively. Do you disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
That's not what he's saying.

Lehner is calling basically every defensive stat that Schenn is good in ridiculous, then points out a bunch of offensive stats and call it legit.

It's fine to use offensive stats, but don't disregard the other stats.
Of course its ridiculous when you dont take into account that Hamonic played 20 games less than Schenn. Stats like total takeaways, Hits and blocked shots becomes meaningless when you ignore the fact that Hamonic played 20 less games.. The stats Lehner posted are much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHoundsGo View Post
So should we ignore that Schenn plays less on the PP?

I am pointing out that if you are going to call someone out, then at least don't follow it up with choosy stats, leaving out important information. I don't mind if you want to say Hamonic is better, but provide the context. And also, don't discount the things Schenn does do well.
Hamonic had 4 points on the PP this year playing 1.59 a game. Schenn had 0 points on the PP playing 0.59 a game.. PP time didn't have much effect on their total amount of points. I dont see anything wrong with the Stats Lehner posted, and they provide much more context than the stats he quoted. The only thing he didn't consider was PP time, which wouldn't have changed very much.