View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 01:21 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I remember watching him during the WJC's a couple years back and thinking "he's way too predictable on the PP, all he does is walk the blueline and shoot." Has he improved on that at least?

He strikes me as one of those guys who is an incredible junior player, but might not be able to make it work at a higher level for the reasons you've stated (poor skating for a small guy).
Especially with Nashvilles depth, I think he'll be on the 3rd pair for the foreseeable future, while getting top PP time with Weber. He's not bad defensively in the OHL, he's actually somewhat good, but as previously mentioned, he has all the wrong skills as weaknesses for an NHL defenseman.

As for his predictability, his shot will be lethal at the next level, and while his passing isn't like Del Zotto in it's accuracy, like McCabe, he just feels more comfortable on the power play than most. He always knows what to do on the man advantage, he's just an expert. Even when McCabe was sucking on the power play (which he pretty much did all the time), we were still more effective with him the not. They know how to create space for themselves and the forwards. And, playing with Weber he is going to have to pass, because Nashville's kryptonite on the power play will be no secret, cover the points.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote