View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 07:03 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcGz View Post
Are we hiring additional scouts or are these replacing expired contracts as well?
Both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I hope its additional. Get rid of some that maybe seem to be riding the coat tails sort of speak. But if they know what there doing, then get as many as you can. Will never hurt with the way the NHL is now.
I'm just surprised by the timing of it, didn't think they'd nab all these guys before the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Agreed, I mean from their 2 drafts we got Stamkos, Wright, Tik, Barberio, Hedman, Ashton, Panik, Hutchings and Janus.

I mean I would argue that the 2009 draft has potential to be our best draft ever:

Hedman, Ashton, Panik, Hutchings and Janus?? Of course assuming they all hit their potential (things not looking great for Hutchings so far)
If they make it. I think Hedman has the highest ceiling (durr) followed by Panik. Panik really has top flight talent, he just needs to choose to use it all the time. Hutchings and Janus both have talent but are behind a bit because of injury now. Hutchings *can* be a great two way player and I think thats what the FO covets.