View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
I don't care if we let Wiz go, because IMHO it's natural to do so if we want to improve up front. That being said, guys like Hejda and Brewer are a much better investment and wouldn't cost a whole lot more than Hamrlik. Seriously. I've never seen a GM being that stupid before. It's as if he wasn't even negociating. Gill at the same salary? Markov rumoured to be 5,75M? Auld at 1M last summer (could've been had for less than 800k) right on July 1st?

And I can't imagine Pacioretty asked for a lot more than 1,625M. Seriously. Is this guy really negociating? It looks like ever since Julien Brisebois left, we don't look like we're giving a whole lot of efforts in negociations.
For somebody that callsan NHL GM stupid your post doesn't make you look very bright.

I'm pretty sdure that once all is said and done Hejda and Brewer will cost about 3 or 4 times the investment that a guy like Hamrlik does. The part that you seem to be missing in all of this is that like Gill, if we re-sign Harmlik(hopefully conditional on Spacek getting moved) it will be a ONE YEAR deal meaning we don't have them on the cap the next 2 years when young guys like Price Subban Eller Pacioretty Yemelin etc will come up for big raises. If you give Brewer 4.25-4.5 mil per yer over 4-5 years(I figure that's about what he'll get as a UFA) that 4.25-4.5 mil is taking up space next year and the following one when guys like Yemelin and Weber will be cheaper options to step up into bigger roles.

How the hell do you know the efforts the team is making in negotiations? Do you have hidden cameras? Did you ever stop and think taht PG may have given Pacioretty's camp a bit more money to add a 2nd year, that way if he keeps progressing to 50-55 or more points in 2012-2013 that he'll be a big bargain at a 1.65 cap hit rather than having to pay him 3.5-4 mil per year?