View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
If it's a 1-year offer for $2.5M or less, I'm estatic. Hamrlik has been incredible for us. If Markov can manage to stay healthy and we can keep Hamrlik's minutes down, he's going to be an absolute beast all season. Also, he's always been good with helping the kids dating back to Calgary. I would definitely be okay with Hamrlik chewing up bottom pairing minutes with Emelin or Weber. Gorges becomes a top pairing guy with Markov, which I'm more than fine with. Gill and Subban can stay together as well and build on their late season chemistry.

We haven't missed the playoffs since Hamrlik has joined our team. It's not a coincidence either. He was our most consistent defenseman last year until late in the season (again). The guy is overworked with the Markov injuries.

I'm super happy to have Hamrlik back. Would I love Wiz back? Yeah, definitely. But the chances were slim. I'd rather go into the free agency period looking for just one player rather than two. It's a lot easier for PG to focus on a top-6 forward if the defense is under wraps.

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Emelin/Weber

We do have to find a way to get rid of Spacek but I'm more than sure there will be a way to unload him to a bottom tier team or even a team like San Jose.