View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Varly's style could use some refining to be more efficient. But it nice having someone in our pool of potential goalies that can be very aggressive, yet has the althleticism to recover. Don't you think?

A nice skill set to have, this poster thinks. But I am not in the game. I think its short sighted to hold it against him as a young player. Let him sort it out.

I feel its just speculation that his style is what caused his injuries. It could have been a rut in the ice, could it not?
I think Valamov's and Neuvirth's games are excellent complements of each other sort of like Fuhr and Moog back in the day for the Oilers.

Come playoffs if a team is preparing for one guy and the Caps in need of a momentum changer or just want to spring a surprise and they give them the other those different styles will likely produce a good effect.

As far as Varlamov's inability to stay healthy goes, could all of those injuries be the results of freak rut catching? Sure but it isn't likely, especially since all of the other goaltenders the Caps used have been able to avoid those ruts.