View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Look, seriously, do not bet your mom on it.

If you are old enough, just think of like Gretzky and Brett Hull's short stint together. They did not work well together at all.

Both Richards and Gabby thrive by being "the man" in lack of better words on their line. Like two kids in Eriksson and Neal, who are good players, are the perfect fit for someone like BR. He needs to be able to play the game his way and his way only. And it aint anything wrong with his way, so thats not a problem.

But think of Nylander and Jagr who really worked extremely well together, while Gomez and JJ worked extremely bad. Of course Nyls was not a lot better player then Gomez, the difference was that Nyls was 250% prepaired to be Jaromir Jagrs biatch. He was prepaired to be it 60/24/7/365. He was prepaired to let the plastic surgeon put him to sleep while giving JJ carte blanche in terms of what surgerys that were to be made. You get the point.

JJ could be the man, and he had a talented player in Nyls doing everything and anything he wanted. Gomez understood that JJ was the man alright, but he wouldn't be his *****.

In order for a player like Gabby to score 40-45 goals, you need to let him try his shots all the time, you need to try to find him all the time et c.

A player like Richards needs to -- all the time -- be in control of where the puck should be distributed on the ice. BR's strength is doing a lot with little so to speak. He is the type who with his timing more then anything get like 10% extra out of a low percentage play if you get what I mean.

Natrually Richards has the abilities that would help Gabby and Gabby could finnish BR's passes. But I would not at all be suprised if we saw the two on different lines before we know it 5 on 5.
not sure I agree with that...outside of receiving a neutral zone breakout pass, Gaborik is not much of a puck carrier. If he is free to roam and find his spots, it could be a gold mine for Richards to find him in those spots so he can get that quick release off.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote