View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
topched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentCamacho View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

See for yourself how frequently Brad 'takes the body', 'uses his stick', and gives the puck away.

You misinterpret the question. Plus minus is a function of all the players on the ice whereas a player's own game is just that; what he brings to the table.

So would you take a 60 point player who kills penalties, hits and checks with consistency, and has the skill to play on PP over a 70 point player who plays no two-way game, does not hit or check with consistency, and cannot play on the PK? Which is the better player?
Well thats why I'm saying it depends.

How much more dynamic is the scorer? And how good defensively is the other player? Is he above average or elite?

And on top of that what type of personnel do you have on the team? If you have 4 or 5 good bottom 6 pkers do you really need a top line C who can Pk or would you rather rest him to give him more ES and PP minutes?

While goal scoring isn't this way, I think assists and then to some degree points is similar to +/-. Is Brad Richards as good on the offensive end without Erikson or Neal? Same thing with Toews and Kane?

I think somewhere along the line it all evens out to be a team game. You have to have a good makeup of players who fit well together. You can afford to have more of a 1 dimensional sniper type if you have a great two way guy, and visa versa.

topched is offline   Reply With Quote