View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
My point isn't that he is simply not good enough for this league anymore, but more that he's probably not good enough to play on a true contender. I would imagine there is mutual disinterest when it comes to talk of playing on a young, rebuilding team, so he could be out of options. If this is the end of the road for him he can be proud that he had a long, productive career, and left while he still was able to play reasonably well.
I wish most athletes had that thought lol (to leave some gas in the tank)... But the question is.. How close are we to contention?

I believe we are pretty close. If Hamr, who's logged all this ice time, and was a pretty big piece of our puzzle over the past 5 years, would only rightfully hope that he continues to be a piece of the puzzle. Who knows? maybe next year IS the year the habs put it all together, win the cup, and he could go out with his first cup, finally having done it all, and placing his name on the triple gold members (Him & Spacek are a cup away)