View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Wow, a lot of you seem to have thoughts about Hamrlik that just seem totally disconnected from my own subjective reality.

I would have thought it was a no-brainer to give Hamrlik an offer. Any team in the league can use him, and he has been a rock for us, so an offer should be automatic. It would be great to have him back.

There's zero conflict with the number of other players signed, or hoped-to-be-signed, because frankly Hamrlik is better than most of them. And depth on defense is very important.

The only caveats in the whole Hamrlik case are the $$$ and term. You make him an offer, no-brainer. But it's an offer that factors in his age and projection of a decreased role. If he's on board with that, great.
I completely agree.

Hamrlik for Gill-type money and term? In a second. Hamrlik has bailed us out for the last three years. Without him, we don't make the playoffs this past season or the one before. Wouldn't even have been close.

He is better than Gill, Weber, Wisnieski (in his own end), Spacek and up until now, Gorges. Emelin? No one really knows, do they?

Hamrlik and his agent have repeatedly gone on record about him accepting a reduced role and salary. He's happy to stay in Montreal and would be a superb insurance policy if nothing else.

Sometimes I wonder what hockey game HF posters are watching.