View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
im to the point now i would say no to Schenn. i want to see this kid become what everyone expects him to become. it's time for LA to finally have a homegrown star and be a top player in the league.

the only other player i would look to keep out of it would be Clifford. LA has holes down the left side practically from top to bottom. Smyth is gone to EDM maybe, or will be gone next year when his contract expires. Penner did nothing to get fans excited, or impress Kings managment/coaches. the fourth line spot is a revolving door. that leaves Clifford as the only LW for the Kings that is essentially locked in for every game.

even though DL has been and continues to address the #1/#2 LW spot, imo you can't 'possibly' trade a kid that came out of no place and locked down the #3 spot. Clifford can as needed jump to the #2 and #4 spot when called upon, he gives the team the flexibility a coach and gm needs. continuing to trade players in an attempt to fix a hole, only to create another hole (that ironically you just fixed) to me makes zero sense.

so no to schenn, clifford and Kopi. everyone else is on the table. even DD and JJ. they've got the depth at D.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote