As the Ducks keep on tanking it...
View Single Post
10-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Originally Posted by
...perhaps that Chistov for Comrie idea may not be so far fetched after all.
Why the Ducks may do the deal:
1) It's not just that they're losing, but also the way they're losing - that is, a lack of scoring. A guy like Comrie makes sense.
2) After letting go a player who has been the cornerstone of the franchise since inception and replacing him with 2 expensive FAs, plus the fat contract given to Giggy, Murray needs to justify his decisions with some immediate results, especially with pressure & expectation that came with last year's playoff success.
3) There's a lot of size among their forwards. Therefore, the smallish stature of Comrie shouldn't be that much of an issue for them.
4) In addition to Chistov, they're also breaking in 2 young players in Smirnov and Lupul (though I don't think these 2 are as good as Chistov). So perhaps the Ducks may feel they can let one of them go for some immediate help. And it's not like Comrie is that much older anyway.
5) Rucchin is still a solid 2nd line C, but he's not getting younger. Perhaps the Ducks may want to start thinking about grooming a young 2nd line C and let Rucchin concentrate on defensive duties.
Anyway, just my stupid thoughts.
The problem with a Chistov trade is we get back yet another left winger. This position is already over crowded as it is. but our lines would look pretty good though. We may have to include Chimera in the deal and have a d-man coming back. Maybe chistov and havelid for Comrie, Cross and Chimera.
Torres Smyth Hemsky
Chistov horcoff Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner York
Isbister Stoll BG
extra's Pisani Ferguson
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Chayos