View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Line View Post
I also got my question answered about do the Rangers have a certain player in mind and if he is not there, will they trade down for more picks. Also a statement about strong character or most important trait in a player. This sounds like Biggs to me.
Rangers have reportedly/apparently been placing a strong emphasis on character attributes with regards to their decisions with their draft selections over the last several years... You definitely get that impression very quickly listening to and reading the interviews given immediately after the draft each year from Rangers personnel. Rangers have had a ton of prospects come through their system that were leaders on their respective Junior, NCAA, or minor league teams and worn C's or A's. I think we are seeing some of the strong character from these selections with players like Callahan, Staal, even Dubinsky, and will soon be seeing that from the likes of Stepan, McDonagh, and shortly after players such as Kreider, Hagelin, and Thomas. You hear lots of positive things said about these guys with regards to their personality attributes and character. It will pay big dividends for this organization in the coming years.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote