View Single Post
Old
06-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
according to who ? you ? that is the dumbest thing I've ever read here, Jest. you topped yourself, after having previously claimed that it was not possible to be a Comcast customer and a DirecTV customer at the same time - something proven to be 100% incorrect.

nobody here claimed that each Comcast RSN has 'the same value', not that we'll ever know if that is true or not, but it is indisputable that they are all Comcast Regional Sports Channels, and all appear on Satellite. DTV has already negotiated w/ Comcast on what 'a fair price' is on all of those channels .... there is no reason to suspect that either Comcast will try to charge an outrageously high fee for CSN Philly, or that the FCC will let them get away with it if they try to.

i think that the precedents set with every other Comcast RSN has a lot more to do with the situation than your unproven claim as to the value of any given Comcast RSN. but you are entitled to your beliefs.

there will be no way to tell on what basis the FCC judges 'a fair price' - you can have your theory, and I'll have mine .......

either way, CSN Philly is coming to the Dish .... and finally Flyers fans nationwide will be able to get CSN Philly on the Dish ....... getting their favorite team's home channel on the Dish .. something Sharks fan, Caps fans, Black Hawks fans etc etc have been able to do for years ..... equality -- finally for the Flyers fans !!
Bernie, honestly, you need to stop huffing glue.

CSN New England broadcasts: The Boston Celtics, Connecticut Sun (WNBA), New England Revolution (MLS), Boston Breakers & WPS, and Boston Cannons (MLL)

That's it.

You honestly think CSN New England has the same value as a station that has broadcasting rights for the Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies (on top of all the other regional sports they show)?

No, Bernie, they are not the same product and not worth the same amount. CSN Philly is immensely more valuable. The comparable network in Boston is not CSN New England, but NESN... which shows the Red Sox and Bruins.

Lets pull this out:

Quote:
you topped yourself, after having previously claimed that it was not possible to be a Comcast customer and a DirecTV customer at the same time - something proven to be 100% incorrect.
I never said that, Bernie. Not once. What I did say was that your belief that Comcast had some obligation to give a flying **** about what someone got on their DirecTV service is an argument on par with the intellectual capacity of a pile of horse manure.

And, no, my argument has not been proven 100% incorrect, which further proves the value of lessons we all should have learned as children concerning the dangers of huffing. You will not find one argument where anyone suggests that Comcast should care about DirecTV service. Not one. What you will find are arguments concerning what the legal definition of fair market practice are in the United States. A distinction that, I admit, is almost certainly way out of your league.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote