Thread: Fatigue/Hockey
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Fly Like a C5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseamania View Post
If it helps explain why this is happening, I am 6'0" 220lbs. I am not in bad shape by any means but i could be in better shape (who couldn't be). I'm a forward, right handed shot, I am certainly not a novice skater/player (i've been playing competitive inline since i was 11, competitive ice for like 5 years. I did have lyme disease which spread to both my knee joints causing what they call "lyme arthritis", but my knees have never bothered me (not even as a baseball catcher from little league all the way till college).
How long ago did you have lyme disease? Any chance the fatigue is a lingering effect of the disease. I had a family member with lyme disease and it took more than a year for them to feel like they had energy. It sounds like you had it awhile ago, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Quote:

I'm also on my feet most of the day at work.
Maybe your issue is caused by too much strain on your muscles. Four to five games per week plus a job that requires you to stand for most of the day can result in a lot of strain and stress on your legs. Are your shoes worn out? Do you use any type of inserts in your shoes?

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote